NYC Golf Society unfazed by ‘No Golf Today’

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmailDue to the deluge on Thursday night, we had to cancel the golf event in Blainroe, and the CANCEL text broadcast was duly launched, with a PS that if anyone was interested, we’d go ahead with the non prize-giving supper back in the NYC.  The Committee expected about a half-dozen stalwarts to turn up, but in the end, 25 bodies tucked into a Tapas meal in the Bar, intermingled with sizeable quantities of hairy dog stories, wine, stout and general craic. It was great to see so many friends, one or two whom we missed from the last outings. The Committee has to decide whether to re-schedule Blainroe for this year, or maybe to wait until the 2013 programme. Next Outing Our next outing is to the fabulous Bunclody course (take a look at it on Google Earth….stunning) on the 14th and 15th September. It will be a 2 day event, with golf on the Friday and Saturday, and there are still a small number of rooms reserved for us at the Carlton Millrace Hotel (phone number 053 937 5100), where we have a special deal (quote ‘NYC Golf Society’).  The hotel is ideally located right beside the golf course. Interest in this event is stronger than expected, so it is advisable to book as soon as possible.